Showing the love of Christ in terms they understand in order to present to them the Christ that died for them.

Thursday, September 1, 2011

Aug 31

Today started out well. I got up about 7:30am after going to bed about 4am. I was up loading the pics and updating the blog. The drums and the uploads took longer than I thought. After breakfast I checked in with mom about what I am doing here to make sure I was on tract with my task here.
 
The ladies were here today and we caught up on the last few days and how the check up went with Baby Phillip. One of the ladies had gone by to see him. The mom is voiced her consideration of giving him up to the foster family. Lets hope she does. I have some concerns and would feel better knowing he is well cared for before I leave.
 
We finally got the satellite in alinement today. We found a pair of walkee talkees and were able to finally coordinate and communicate with Dad on the roof and me below. One of the walkee talkees had a battery exploid in it and acid had leaked. Its amazing was cetron (like a key lime) will do. I just dabbed some of the juices onto a Q tip and cleaned the corosion off and it worked. The walkee talkees will be a good system for the other things he does up there like the solar panels etc. It beats me running outside to yell up the settings while Dad makes the adjustments. It still took a few hours of tighten bolt, move dish, test. NO....Tighten bolt again, move dish, test, etc. But It is done and we are now good on the communications, the solar batteries are doing what they need to do until we can replace them, and the radiator is back in the truck and the truck is working.
 
The generator house was started today as well. The current one is plastic (as seen in the photos I posted) and not very secure. With the dramatic increase in residence from far away cities since the quake, the road in front is becoming even more heavily travelled and security is becoming a concern. For those who knew what Mom and Dad have been through with security you will understand this need. For those who do not know, Mom and Dad have been victims of break ins and even armed robbery while here. When ever there is a shift or influx of folks from the larger cities crimes tend to go up. Percautions must be taken. A simple building addition with vents is being added to the depot to secure and house the generator.
 
 
Its hard to believe another month is ending. Tomorrow will be September first already. Time does fly when you are not looking.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

UPDATES: