Showing the love of Christ in terms they understand in order to present to them the Christ that died for them.

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Sep 4-6

Sunday I spent updating the blog and not doing too much as it was the day of rest.
 
The last two days seems to have blended into one. Monday I awoke early with the baby and got him settled. The ladies were here and took him so I could have a break to sit down and eat breakfast with Daddy. It painfully aware to us all how much this morning ritual of ours will be missed very soon. We enjoyed the fresh juice and coffee and talked about what we had planned to accomplish for the days. This conversation would continue at dinner reviewing what came up, what got done, and all that is between. It is amazing how the luxury of sharing a meal with a parent is not appreciated until the ability to share that time is so few and far between.
 
The baby's caretaker arrived late so I got a last nap in with baby phillip before he was to go home. She arrived about mid morning and I made sure she knew that the ones she enlisted to help her care for him were not doing their job. I showed her how in the last 2 days he gained nearly 4 ounces and I would need to see him again Wednesday to show me she can take care of him. I am worried that taking care of a premie is just too much for her. We will see how he looks tomorrow before I make decision about additional aid.
 
For the rest of Monday I worked on the documents that needed updating, the office procedure guide, team checklist, and software updates. Only a few more days left and I need to make sure all is ready and up to date. Daddy had to work on the batteries that lost their charge, projects check-up, and other items in the shop as well as meet with some people. I would catch Daddy running in and out and would catch him to get some information for a form and zoom he was off again.
 
I also got my Ham Radio licenese renewed. I rarely use it except for here but I do keep a 2 meter radio in the states too. There are so many good memories associated with the HAM radio. It used to be our primary means of communication in the 1980's and 1990s. So many nights I would spent curled up in a blanket on the floor in my Dad's office listening to him communicate with people all over the world. We used it to communicate with family back in the USA. The way that worked was my Dad would call out asking for anyone in a given are who could make a phone call. The person replying would make the call and relay over the radio what the person on the phone was saying to my Dad, who then answered. There are all kinds of restrictions on what can and cannot be said. There is more than once these radios saved lives. My mom, when she and my brother were over taken by the river, was able to communicate with dad just before, so he knew where to go find her. They are still used when satellites are down and the in-country cell phones. Which is actually more often than you would like to think.
 
Last week I had decided I really wanted to take some Haitian coffee back with me but the factory has been out of commision since being distroyed last year. Well me and my WALL stubborness decided to tract down the owner and email him. Using the internet I was able to find the contact information for the owner down in St. Marc. Dad followed it up by trying the incountry cell phone number I tried and got ahold of the owners. Long story short.....I HAVE COFFEE!!!!!! The factory should be up and going again next year so the rest of y'all can get it again soon too. LOL
 
We took a brief stop for lunch and we were off again.
 
In the afternoon I showed Dad how to use some of the software to help speed up translation work and some of the other item I did. Dad has totranslate a lot of documents for the classes he teach. Through out the day we used skype to keep in touch with my mom and sister who were traveling in the rain from Storm "LEE". They made it safely home by mid afternoon.
 
I made dad and I some chicken and rice for dinner. I might be limited on resources but I can cook almost anything. I checked up on espn.com to ensure that YES the yankees are still beating boston. That alone makes any day better. My allergies were acting up from cleaning old files, books, etc (I'm allergic to ink) so I took two benedryl and wow did I sleep.
 
I woke this morning at NOON. Can you believe it?! 14 hours sleeping. Next time I have to remember only 1 benedryl. WOW I missed a whole day. The ladies were not here which is good. I would have bee so embarassed. Dad had already been well into the days projects, dirt was delivered, and so on. I quickly made us a sandwich for lunch and got to work. Over the next few hours, I finished the documents I was working on answered some technical question for folks via skype. I have been nick named "TECH SUPPORT" LOL. I cooked dinner.
 
Now I am sitting here wishing I could clone myself. I love being here so much and the thought of leaving is crushing my heart. The tears have already begun to fall. This is my home but more than that.
 
As an MK we learned that home can be where the heart is, where the family is, where your stuff is or where you live. You have to choose what home means to you. Does seeing the thing of your childhood scream I am home. Does being in a place you know you will be for years to come make it home. Home for me has been a house, an rv, a hotel room, or even a car (not that it is where I lieved but it was home).
 
We grow up overseas in a blend of USA traditions, Haitian traditions, and some we made up. We have things our parents brought that represent their past, things from our childhood, and we aquire things along the way. Some MKs like to keep thinking about when they are going back to the USA, some dread leaving to go back to the USA, and some take the back and forth in stride. I dreaded leaving Haiti always. This is something I never outgrew.
 
This country is my home and holds my heart. The people here are a source of joy for me. The land is a source of strength. The familiarity is a source of peace. The work is a source of purpose. The day a source of hope. The night a source of rest. When I am here the whole world fades away and  the USA seems just like a fantasy place I read about in books.
 
Just like many MKs I have migrated back to the US, went to school, started a career, and aquired a family. I am now sitting here contemplating and thinking of all the reasons I should stay. I think about those in the USA awaiting my return and I think of why I should return there. My Dad has threatened to hide my passport and I must say I am so tempted to let him.
 
The lump remains in my throat and I wish to stop time, but I have to put on my big girl panties and to what is needed. I need to get back and get a job (I have been unemployed over a year now) .  A job will  allow me to return again shortly. I never want to be separated from this place but its in going that I am to do the most good. Forever I am in two places, forever in two pieces, and forever trying to get home.
 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Hello dear Friends:

    We would like to offer you a free book for your daily study and meditation about the future prophesies of the world, economy crisis, the planet ecological disaster, how and why the increasing of earthquakes, hurricanes, tsunamis and typhoons around the world and the end of humanity.

    Hercolubus or Red Planet written by V. M. Rabolu is a book which speaks about the most imminent events to come. In this small book, the author tackles serious topics of actuality that are happening nowadays like the atomic tests in the ocean and the fatal consequences causing the unbalance changes of the climate around the world. He describes the controversial question of the existence of conscientious beings in other planets of the universe. Likewise, he confirms the existence of an enormous planet, six times bigger than Jupiter, which is approaching our planet in an alarming way. He describes the consequences for us.

    In his book, V. M. Rabolu teaches the system to eliminate the psychological defects and the techniques of the astral unfolding to be the only existing key to escape from the coming cataclysm.

    V.M. Rabolu (1926-2000) was born in Tolima (Colombia). In 1952, he found the true knowledge by means of many years of practicing what he teaches in this book. He managed to develop his extraordinary capacities that transformed him into a spiritual guide of international renown.

    In 1998, he wrote "Hercolubus or Red Planet" based in his direct and conscientious experience. V.M. Rabolu describes the terrible events that will happen in a short term. He teaches the way to obtain a deep transformation of the human being. Nowadays, the statements in his book have been recognized by a large number of readers around the world who are getting many benefits from his teachings.

    V.M. Rabolu is one of those few souls with awakened Conscience, and his teachings have become indispensable in these times when materialism and the lack of moral values have transformed our society into a madness and chaos full of wars, alcohol, drugs, sexual abuse, misery, painting a very dark future for new generations.

    Hercolubus or the Red Planet is written above all with a great dose of sensibility and love for humanity. The assertions contained in the book will draw the attention of society as the events unfold in the near future.

    From the table of contents:

    Hercolubus or Red Planet

    Nuclear Tests in the ocean and the ecological disasters

    Elimination of the Psychological Defects or Egos

    Astral Unfolding and its techniques

    The mystery of life in other planets

    The Book synthesizes our work with three factors: The elimination of the psychological defects, with which every person can achieve scientific chastity and the love for humanity and our planet.

    V.M. Rabolu’s message is clear and conclusive: "Human beings must increase their level of conscience to overcome the forthcoming worldwide calamities."

    If you like to receive a copy, free of charge and shipment, you can ask for it: www.hercolubusplanet.com

    ReplyDelete

UPDATES: