Showing the love of Christ in terms they understand in order to present to them the Christ that died for them.

Sunday, August 28, 2011

Aug 28

To say it was a long night would be an understatement. We went to bed at 10pm when the generator cut off. At 11pm I woke with a start and realized baby Phillip was gasping for air and not getting any. I lifted him out of the make shift crib and realized he had thrown up and it's in his nose and mouth preventing him from breathing. I immediately cleared his air passages and relished in the sounds of his crying being assured he was breathing again. SCARED ME TO DEATH!
This would be the first vomit in a long series over the next several hours. After every bottle part or most of it would come up. I had to stay extra watchful in case his airways got blocked again. The light in the room never went off and I was lucky Dad and the kind gentleman down the road had fixed the batteries. We never lost power.  
I had to keep the baby right beside me all night so when he twitched I would wake and make sure he had not vomited again. He still ate and it was hit-or-miss  if he would give a simple spit up or a full vomit. This could happen immediately or as much as 40 minutes after he ate. This told me his stomach did not like what he was eating. No fever, no chills, no diarrhea, or other symptoms. I am not ashamed to say more than once last night, I said the words…"I WANT MY MOMMIE!"  
After being able to talk to mom in the morning via webcam, I learned the most likely reason is poor Phillip is allergic to milk. GREAT! All I have in formula is regular. So mom taught me the substitute with watered down powdered milk. So we tried that with great success. No more vomiting and he still ate it. The trick was getting the ratio right so it was filling enough for him to sleep. We have a good ratio and thanks to that and a pacifier, I am able to get more done. You should have seen me before the pacifier trying to make sandwiches for lunch while holding the baby. Tonight I made dinner, cleaned up a bit, made a surplus of bottles for tonight, and all while baby stayed entertained. YEA!!!!  I also managed to get a walk in today for just over 1mile. I am determined to lose more weight while I am here.
Someone sent me 6 ears of grilled corn and a request for diaper cream. I considered this a sweet offer and sent the diaper cream to him. LOL. There are certain treats I am just a sucker for.  I so wished kenips were in season.
Now the only problem is he eats a little less but more frequent so 1 oz every hour and a half. Guess who will get less sleep for one more night. Has anyone noticed that a crying baby at 2am is less cute than a cooing baby at 11am? The care taker had arrived to take baby home but due to the rain could not take him. This is not a bad thing as he is making progress but I would like to monitor his eating for another 24 hours. We had a major rain storm tonight and got 2 .7 inches in one hour. It was incredible the force in which it was falling.
Other than that the day was relatively quiet (between crying baby) and looking forward to a busy week.
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

UPDATES: