Showing the love of Christ in terms they understand in order to present to them the Christ that died for them.

Monday, August 29, 2011

Aug 29

Not sure where last night ended and today began. I was up most of the night with the baby, but the ladies came today so they took over about 7am and let me go back to sleep. And boy did I ever sleep in. TILL NOON. For you math fanatics, yes that meant a total sleep of just over 5 hours but still NOON!!! This is not a resort and I should have been up long before.
 
I got up and went to the kitchen. Everyone was making a fuss of baby Phillip and passing him around. LOL They were commenting how much better he looked. We weighed him today and he had gained 4 ounces. He has been eating. The milk substitute is just lighter so he was only sleeping 1 hour per bottle which made for a long night. We found another mix that enable him to get more substance and he began sleeping longer.
 
After a quick lunch, I got ready for the care taker of the baby to come and Dad worked on getting the ATV up and going. There was a flat tire and some spoiled fuel in a tank. It took a while but he flushed the lines and got it going. With the truck being down we are currently with no mode of transportation. The ATV are economical and can get some places the truck cannot not. Many of the places we go are nothing more than trails up into the hills. He got them working and I took a great video of him running one in the yard. I will try to post in the morning. It was a relief to know we had one mode of transportation going since we are expected at a church Wed in the outback.The truck would be best so we can take some supplies with us but something is better than nothing.  
 
In prepartion for baby Phillip to go home, we gave him a bath and I took note of the condition of his infected diaper rash. No more white heads and the skin is not nearly as red and inflamed. There was some pealing but not sever. I put ointment on the whole rash and make sure he got a good bottle and nap before the care taker came. He screamed enough durring the bath that he slept well.
 
The care taker came and after giving her supplies and lots of instructions, I watch my baby Phillip go back with her to his mom. I was so torn but I have give her a chance to take care of him. He is to return tomorrow by noon for me to see that she is following instructions and get another day's worth of supplies. Because I do not know this family I will only give 1 day's supply at a time. There is too much temptation to use supplies for others in the household or sell it for needed monies and I will not put the caretaker in that position.
 
After the baby left it was so quiet. I did some computer work and help dad work on some stuff on the roof. We had a simple dinner because we were too tired to chew much less cook anything LOL Its been a long last few days.
 
The radiator for the truck arrived this afternoon. WOW I forgot just how "creative" a repair can be. For those of you who do not know a radiator allowes water to FLOW and cool. Well the "repair" done is SOLID. There is no flow. I will be uploading pictures.
 
We are planning to be in bed early when Daddy realized the solar battery's water was boiling heavy. Somehow the batteries are now getting too much current. He is trying to resolve that before we go to bed. I am sending this early in case we have to shut down the computers for lack of power.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

UPDATES: