Showing the love of Christ in terms they understand in order to present to them the Christ that died for them.

Saturday, August 20, 2011

August 20

August 20, 2011


I had stayed up till midnight after a lovely mouse ran across my food while I was at the computer. I keep forgetting how that gives me the ebbie jeebies. We have to order some more of those E-Snap mouse catchers. I still remember Daddy catching like 7 at once with one of those. I wonder who sells them. Oh well. Note to self …do research.


This morning, I slept in until 10am of course daddy was up at like 4am. The solar power had given out about 2am. This means there was no air circulation in his room and the delco would need to be turned on for a bit. I need to get better about my wake up time. Daddy has been studying the schematics on how to improve the solar system. I so wished we could get them a few more panels. The cost of running the generator is just over $10/hr and that does not take into consideration putting away a small amount each time for the replacement generator that will be needed every 10 yrs.


Dad and I had a great breakfast of eggs and turkey sausage. I am determined to convert the world to turkey sausage one breakfast at a time. LOL We had fresh passion fruit juice. WOW it’s so good to be home. During breakfast I heard that wonder sound of an avocado falling. Yep salad for dinner. That has my name all over it.


After breakfast I got on the computer for just a bit to check email. I discovered Grandma was still not on Face book which meant her internet was still out. I spent the next few hours dealing with Verizon until we got it up and going. All was well worth it when I saw her comment on my face book page a short while later. YEAHHHHHH my high tech Grandma is back online.


Daddy went out to the depot and got some items repaired, met with a few people, got some correspondence sent out, and other items on his to do list done.


After that we had lunch. Our regular sandwiches and this time ….fried bananas. Poor daddy the ladies had put all the fried bananas on my plate. HEHEHEHE….Yes I did share. ….eventually


After lunch Daddy and I got to work changing the ceiling fan in the Master bedroom. Its over 95 degrees in there and without the fan going we were sweating in 10 seconds. For those who know their room has no windows. We worked on it off and on for a few hours and few times of Daddy getting zapped with the electricity. We had to use trial and error with some of the replacement parts. I would ask “Did you get shocked?” And his reply was, “No, I just didn’t need to hold the cable that long.“


We did take a break for me to make a salad with friend bananas for dinner. Got to have my avocado.


The rain started about 4pm shortly after the ladies left for the day. The thunder started right away and the lightening was amazing. We had to go through the house unplugging everything. Last thing we need is to have another transmitter blowing. We used up the last spare and they cost $2,500 a piece and lightening hits about twice a year. Now we have to get a spare. Internet is not the primary communication tool up here since there is no land lines.


The lightening stopped about 8pm and we were able to turn the computer back on for me to post this and talk to mom for a few minutes. The rain continues to fall but it is good to have the air cooled a bit before bed. It’s amazing how the days fly by here and it’s the end of the weekend already.



No comments:

Post a Comment

UPDATES: