Showing the love of Christ in terms they understand in order to present to them the Christ that died for them.

Friday, August 19, 2011

Day 2 - Aug 19

Aug 19, 2011
Well today I slept in until right at 10am. Amazing I slept so well. Last night there were quit a few bugs flying around but I was so tired I just pulled the sheet over my head and fell asleep. The generator had cut off at 10am and once the lights are out the bugs go crazy looking for a light source.

I went and took a shower first thing and it was great to shower under the stars again. I am lucky we have hot water now. Only one lizard to chase out and the vines are growing back but it was still great.

I then went to greet the ladies in the kitchen. Mme. Jwa was so excited to see me and was almost in tears. At least she called me by my name. Yesterday everyone called me Becky. Yes she would love that, but every daughter that returns home is becca or petit wall until they know who it is. Yesterday a few people thought I was mom when my hair was pulled back. I felt back when they realized I wasn’t. I think the hope she brings is sorely missed.

Looking around the house I saw the damage by the quake was more than I was told. Most of the buildings have cracks in them. Some wider than others. One building looks like it may have shifted. The roofs are rusted due to the rains and 3 need to be replaced. It will cost about 7,000$ to do that. We really need the truck here badly but that will cost another $10,000.

After I visited for a little bit and had my Special K breakfast bar and monster energy drink, I caught up with daddy about what is needed for today. He discovered the problem with the internet is most likely the transmitter was struck by lightning. He was right. He was going to see if there is an extra one in the depot. We needed to do inventory on some of the building supplies. Stepping over the mice decaying on the floor and lizards running about we got to the supplies. After counting up what we had, measuring the building that needs the new roofs, we need an additional 95 sheets of roof metal. So anyone with an extra $5,000 (yes that is how much to get 95 sheets here from port au prince) please send it on down so we can get the needed roofs on the buildings here.

After inventory there we returned to the house and I started on the supply room inventory and clean up. HEAVEN CALM MY OCD, that place was a mess. So I get out my index cards to label the shelves and start to organize. We stopped for lunch of sandwiches. I had Cheese, onion, avocado, and horseradish. Dad had a ham, cheese, and onion sandwich.

Daddy let me know that friends down the road would be coming to dinner and bringing a new transmitter for the computer satellite. I continued to work on the pantry room for a while before Daddy called me outside. He showed me a surprise. He found a transmitter in the depot and fixed the internet.

I used the internet to get some things done, update sent, etc. Dad and mme jwa got dinner going and then the guest arrived.

We had a nice visit with the friend and their 3 adopted daughters. After they left I updated the blogs while Daddy got to skype with family.

More to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment

UPDATES: