Showing the love of Christ in terms they understand in order to present to them the Christ that died for them.

Saturday, August 27, 2011

August 27

Today has been a highly productive day, but WOW I am so tired. Bed at 10pm. Up at 11pm. Down at midnight up 1am. There was an alarm going off and I went to ask dad what it was. Before he got fully out of bed I realized it was his cell phone's battery dying and told him I would take care of it. After plugging it in, I decided to go ahead and do my uploading of pictures after feeding Phillip and ended up being up until 4am. This meant going out into the main room and bringing up the modem after checking to make sure the batteries had power. They did and I got it taken care of and shut the modem back down and went back to bed. Down at 4 and up at 5. Down at 6 and up at 8 down 8:30 and up at 10. Then I gave up and just stayed up.
 
Baby Phillip is making progress and gained almost an ounce in the last 30 hours. He will stay with me a bit longer until hopefully I get him up to 5lbs. I have a monitor in place to work with the family and a Plan B in case the family is unable to take care of him. My best friend in the region who has already taken in 2 kids and raised them as her own offered to take him and foster him. She also worked with my mom in the clinics so I am confident in her skills. This was a great relief to me. Now I can just concentrate on getting his rash under control and weight up.
 
The day began with Daddy and Odino working on Big Red. The transmission lines had come loose the other day. The radiator was accidentally pressed too hard into the fan blade by a young assistant and developed 3 holes. It had to be sent to a nearby town for repair. Another part will come in from Port au Prince on Monday.
 
 I went to the clinic to get more baby supplies. Its amazing how much little babies use.
I was able to use the web cam for mom to do a virtual exam of the baby and discovered he is older than we were told. His umbilical cord had fallen off and completely healed and his body shows evidence of dramatic weight loss. He smiles, has wet tears, immolates expressions, and other facts led us to determine he is most likely 2 months or slightly older. This makes his current weight all the more sad.
 
At lunch time Marie came over and I made lunch for all of us. Odino decided to work and eat and I got a really cute picture of him eating and working at the same time. Marie and I went ahead and ate while Daddy helped Odino. He joined us afterward. We got to sit and visit with her catching up on the kids she took in, the cost of schooling these days, and more. She works at another clinic down the road a few days a week. She was taken with baby Phillip and knew the family who took him and his mother in. They attend the same church and plans on speaking with them tomorrow. She agreed to help monitor his progress and even offered to foster him. I went with her down to the clinic to get some clothes and grooming supplies for her and her kids before she left.
 
A mission who had borrowed Dad's scaffolding returned it today and it took several phone calls and a person to go direct them to help them find the place. LOL I told y'all we were in Lapila (translates there and a little further) or the middle of no where. Unless you know where we are or have been here you are likely to never see the entrance.
 
In the early afternoon the radiator problem was discovered and it had to sent to the nearby town. Hopefully it will all be put together by Monday. Until then we are without transportation. I wish I knew how to rebuild carburetors, then I could get the ATV going and be mobile. Oh well I will have to add mechanics to my "THINGS TO LEARN" list right behind patience and tack.
 
I took a shower about 5am and enjoyed the rain clouds overhead. Rain came shortly after I steped out. I took pics of the clouds and we will see if I am up in the upload window I will post them. We got just over 1/4 inch of rain and it was pounding. Did not last long but it cooled the air. Since the temps had gotten up to 101 today, that was a welcome thing.
 
I got Phillip to sleep and then I fell asleep while Dad took his shower and I woke at 7pm to the baby crying. He is now fed, changed and back asleep. Should be another interesting night.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

UPDATES: