Showing the love of Christ in terms they understand in order to present to them the Christ that died for them.

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

August 24

WOW its hard to believe tomorrow I would have been here one week. Time is going by way to fast. Its leaving me a little sad this evening, but I need to focus on the time remaining so I can make the most of it. There is still so much to do.
 
Today was full of challenges but we will overcome. Another black out at 2am. The batteries are not lasting half as long as they should. We are still not sure why and trying to isolate the cause. Dad put on the generator for a few hours and did some computer software updates durring our upload window. He went back to bed at 5am for 2 hours.
We were both back up by 7am. The ladies were able to come today but wash did not happen due to minimal sunlight. This meant even more need for the generator. We had to turn on the generator about every 3-5 hours. The clouds were overcast and we had some more rain today, so we go very little sun to power the batteries.
 
Dad also worked on some equipement outside, the indoor toilet, and other projects. He was runing around so much today it was hard to keep up. I would hear him call for something and he would be in the attic, on the roof, outside, in the dorm room, or office. LOL he can sure move fast when I am not looking.

We did not get the fuel we were counting on from Port-au-Prince so we are looking for another source. For now we have a miracle that the fuel we have is not depleating as fast as aniticipated. We still only have enough for about 1 or 2 days as our current rate of consumption.
 
The ladies and I have been cleaning the dorm areas and storage room to prepare for teams to come. So any of Y'all looking for a place to bring a work team, just let me know.
 
I delivered some of the gifts and visited with folks today. I also got to perform first aid on someone who cut their wrist. Tomorrow I have at least 1 patient coming. This is when I wish my mom was here or that I had taken up nursing instead of business.
 
I need to go study before bed so this will be sent early tonight.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

UPDATES: